This is a special sound card for the Raspberry Pi, that is optimized for one specific use case: the best audio playback quality.
This is the Standard RCA version which uses RCA connectors that you know from your normal stereo equipment. The HiFiBerry, like all Pi HATs, sits right on top of your Pi's GPIO pins with no additional cables needed and integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration.
- Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC for best sound quality
- Hardware volume control. You can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply
- Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator for optimal audio performance
- x4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi.
This board is ONLY compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, Pi 3 Model B, and the Pi Models A+ and B+! While Adafruit haven't tested it with the Pi Zero, it likely works with it!
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- LCD Screens and the Arduino Uno
Display devices are used to visually display the information we are working with. LCD screens are one of many display devices that makers use. We have libraries to control specific LCD functions which make it ridiculously easy to get up and running w...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.