After playing with this energetic little walker, we can’t decide whether it’s cute or terrifying. Dagu’s done it again with a robotics kit that’s easy to assemble and fun to hack. The 12-servo Hexapod Chassis Kit provides you with everything you need to give your robot 6 legs of terrifying cuteness. Simply supply a servo controller and some power and you’re ready to go.
The 12-Servo chassis has two joints per leg: a hip and a knee. Several types of gait can be achieved by lifting the knee and sweeping the hip to take a step. The legs are distributed equidistantly around the circular base. Each leg has a foam-rubber “foot” that helps provide traction when it’s walking on smooth surfaces.
If you’ve ever contemplated world-domination, may we suggest an army of these? If you’re not sure what controller to use, Dagu also makes a custom controller (the “Spider” controller) for this kit which you can find in the related products below.
- 1 x Laser-Cut, 4mm Thick, Acrylic Base Plate
- 12 x ABS leg segments
- 6 x Foam Rubber Feet
- 12 x 9g Mini Servos
- A Bag of Screws
- Base Plate has Several Universal Mounting Holes
- 6 Legs with 2 Servos Each
- Foam Rubber Feet for ‘Grippage’
- Easy and Quick Assembly
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.