Yes, this is an adorable small HDMI television with incredibly high resolution! Adafruit tried to get the smallest possible HDMI/VGA display with high-res, high-contrast visibility. The visible display measures only 7" (17.8cm) diagonal, and the TFT comes in an enclosure with HDMI, VGA and Composite inputs. The display is very easy to use - simply connect the included 12VDC adapter to the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack, then connect a digital video source to one of the ports. Voila, a television display! There's some little buttons on the front that let you enter a menu system for adjusting brightness, color and contrast. It auto-detects which input you have and switches to that one or you can 'select' from the menu which to display. It comes with a basic stand (shown) and there are four 'mounting thread' holes in the back in a 75mmx75mm square and you can use M4 screws to attach it to an enclosure. There's also a "Camera Mount" 1/4-20 hole in the bottom so you can attach it to a camera-ready mount.
We also have a version with built in 3W speakers so you can do a full A/V setup check out that 7" display with speakers here.
To demonstrate it, Adafruit took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any device with HDMI, VGA or NTSC/PAL output. It will not work with a device that only outputs DVI (without a DVI->HDMI converter) or SECAM.
For use with a Raspberry Pi we suggest editing config.txt as in the technical tab.
For use with a BeagleBone black, Adafruit found it works when plugged in, no configuration required. You may need a mouse/keyboard to keep the Bone display from going into 'sleep mode'
A 9V US-prong power adapter is included. The power supply may vary from the one shown in the photo, but it will definitely have a US 2-prong plug and will be a switching supply that can be used with 110-240VAC. They also powered it with 12V and it worked fine, and it might work at 5V.
- Power with 5-24VDC
- 700mA power draw at 12V
- 16:10 display ratio
- Resolution: 1200 x 800
- Visible area: 150mm x 95mm 16:10
- Brightness: 400cd/m2
- Contrast: 800:1
- Adafruit opened up one of the displays and found an HSD070PWW1 inside, Adafruit expect that all of TVs have this display or something similar
- Auto-detects between VGA, HDMI and Composite
- Display plastic case dimensions: 180mm x 130 x 30
- Weight (excluding power cable): 290g/10.2oz
- Not HDCP compatible - it cannot be used with 'secured' HDMI sources
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.