Yes, this is a super-sharp 5.6" TFT display with incredibly high resolution - it has 270 PPI! Adafruit tried to get the smallest & highest resolution display that would be good for embedded computing usage. The visible display measures 5.6" diagonal and is a 'raw' LVDS display as is used in a tablet, ultra thin with some mounting tabs around the edge. Adafruit include a driver board with HDMI, VGA and Composite inputs. The display is very easy to use - simply connect a 5-12V DC adapter to the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack, then connect a digital video source to one of the ports. Voila, a display!
It is not an IPS display so its best for direct viewing, Adafruit's 7" and 10" HDMI displays are IPS so they look great from any angle.
There's a little wired PCB with little buttons that let you enter a menu system for adjusting brightness, color and contrast. It tries to auto-detect which input you have and switches to that one or you can 'select' from the menu keypad which to display.
To demonstrate it, Adafruit took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any device with HDMI, VGA or NTSC/PAL output. It will not work with a device that only outputs DVI (without a DVI->HDMI converter) or SECAM.
For use with a BeagleBone black, Adafruit found it works when plugged in, no configuration required.
A power adapter is not included! Any 5 to 12VDC adapter will work nicely: Adafruit prefer 9V DC. Check the technical tabs for current draw at various voltages.
HDMI 4 Pi - 5.6" Display 1280x800 (720p) Kit - HDMI/VGA/NTSC/PAL (31:45)
- Driver Datasheet
- Keyboard Datasheet
- Power with 5-24VDC
- 16:10 display ratio
- Resolution: 1200 x 800
- Visible area: 121mm x 76mm 16:10
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- Contrast: 400:1
- Adafruit ship with an LTD056EV7F display, or equivalent, however Adafruit don't have a datasheet for this exact display
- Display dimensions: 140mm x 89mm x 3mm
- Not HDCP compatible - it cannot be used with 'secured' HDMI sources
Power draw from combined display+HDMI driver when backlight is on
- 5V: 650mA
- 6V: 550mA
- 7V: 450mA
- 8V: 400mA
- 9V: 350mA
- 10V: 325mA
- 11V: 300mA
- 12V: 275mA
- Board Dimensions: 90mm x 66mm (3.5" x 2.6")
- Weight: 60g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.