The Hakko FX-888D is our go to recommendation for a high-quality soldering iron that has all the features and specs you'd normally find in a much more expensive iron. The FX-888D is incredibly easy to use with a digital readout and interface requiring only two buttons for usage. With this, you can set the temperature, create up to 5 presets for different solder profiles, and set a password to avoid accidental setting changes.
The FX-888D is compatible with T18 series tips and has a 30% increase in heater output compared to the standard Hakko 936/937.
- 65W iron power consumption
- Temperature range 50-480ºC
- ±1ºC temperature stability whilst idle
- 26VAC output voltage
- Dimensions: 100mm x 120mm x 120mm
- Weight: 1.2Kg
- Ceramic heating element
- 1.2m soldering iron cable
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Soldering 101
Imagine being a builder without a hammer, or a car without a brake, this is kind of useful, but nowhere near as useful as it could be. This is like being a maker/DIY’er/enthusiast without being able to solder. Sure you can breadboard your desig...
- Choosing a Soldering Iron
Hello, and welcome to our tutorial where we’ll be looking at two different types of soldering irons and which one is going to be best for your workshop. We’ll be specifically looking at soldering irons, not how to solder, so for more info...
- Infinity Mirror Kit Kickstarter Hall of Fame Backers
The Infinity Mirror Kit was made possible by all the people who backed our Kickstarter! Kits are where it's at. With our Desktop Infinity Mirror Kit you'll get to make something wonderful with your hands, all in the span of an afte...
- Infinity Mirror Kit V2 - Assembly and Tutorials
The Infinity Mirror Kit V2 is a desktop display that creates a dazzling optical illusion - a tunnel of light that tears through space! The Infinity Mirror Kit V2 entered production in October 2018, and now ships with an Adafruit Trinket to...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.