This is a breakout board for the ST’s dual-axis LPY503AL gyro. The LPY503AL is a MEMS motion sensor that measures angular velocity along the pitch and yaw axes with a full scale of ±30°/s. Two different analog outputs are provided for both the x- and z- axes - one 1x amplified and the other 4x amplified.
A regulated voltage between 2.7 and 3.6VDC should be supplied to the power pins. We have the filtering circuits all set up; you’ll just need to connect the outputs to an ADC, and you’re ready to go.
This breakout board includes the gyro and all necessary filtering capacitors as shown. The 1x and 4x amplified outputs of both axes are connected to the 0.1" pitch headers, along with the power-down, self-test, high-pass filter reset, and power pins.
We’ve revised this board to correct errors with the high-pass filter, so the output should settle when the unit stops moving.
Not sure which gyro is right for you? Our Accelerometer and Gyro Buying Guide might help!
- 2.7 to 3.6VDC power supply
- Dual axis, pitch and yaw sensing
- 1x and 4x amplified outputs for each axis
- Low power consumption
- All necessary filtering components included
- Access to power-down, self-test, and high-pass filter reset pins
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.