The Firewing GPS SD shield is an Arduino compatible unit which has an embedded antenna and tiny footprint GPS module. It also has a built in UART, making communicating with this device a breeze. The GPS shield also has a built in Secure digital (SD) card slot, which allows you to transform your shield into a GPS data logging solution!
Please note that this shield includes the GPS receiver module.
- Shield designed to work with Arduino or compatible main boards. Standard shield size.
- Uses Fastrax UP501 GPS module with embedded antenna.
- Onboard micro Secure Digital (SD) card slot. You will need a microSD card if you want to save data.
- Large prototyping area.
- Reset button.
- Software can control power to main GPS module - extremely useful in low power control environments.
- Breakout pad for software power control - reroute power control to alternative header pin.
- Breakout pad for GPS module backup battery.
- Breakout pads for GPS RX and TX - reroute UART to alternative header pins.
- Breakable link for SD card Chip Select (CS)
- Onboard LED showing GPS fix.
Additional Firewing Resources
The following Arduino code has been tested with this shield.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.