Known by engineers for making excellent quality tools & soldering irons! This is a genuine Hakko FX-888. Adafruit worked hard to get the best and a great price, these are not cheap knock-offs. This iron is an upgrade to the venerable Hakko 936 - smaller footprint but more powerful for a faster heat up time.
The Hakkos have quality construction, this iron is the last one you'll need for decades. Heats up in 30 seconds, with a calibrated temperature control knob gives precision heat to minimize cold solder joints. Once you know you're on the path of electronics, this is the iron you'll want beside you on your desk.
Adafruit got the medium tip on this iron, the most popular size, great for through-hole and some SMT. You can purchase replacement Hakko tips anywhere (we'll carry some soon)
- 65 Watts
- 200-480 degrees C (392°F - 896°F) with +-1 degree C stability
- Ceramic Heater
- 900M-T-1.6D 1.6mm 'screwdriver' tip
- For use in 120V countries only
- UL Approved
- Dimensions (base): 117mm x 94mm x 119mm ( 4.6in x 3.7in x 4.7in )
- Dimensions (stand): 168mm x 80mm x 97mm ( 6.7in x 3.1in x 3.8in )
This soldering iron has been discontinued by Hakko, please check out the replacement model FX-888D
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.