Mod your stuffed toy to chirp, meow, or woof! This GEMMA parts pack makes it easy to add simple sounds to any plush toy, and especially the Sew-Your-Own Owl Kit (not included!) A tilt ball switch is used to trigger GEMMA to play a sound of your choosing (or write your own) through a small speaker, amplified by a transistor.
This product includes:
- 1x Adafruit Gemma V2
- 1x 3.7v 150mAh LiPoly Battery
- 1x Tilt Ball Switch
- 1x Adafruit Micro Lipo - USB LiIon/LiPoly charger - v1
- 1x PN2222 Transistor (for more information on the PN2222, check out Adafruit's 10-pack)
- 1x Small Speaker
- 1x 220-ohm Resistor
- 24" length of solid-core wire
- Three pieces of different sized heat shrink (1/4", 1/8", and 1/16" in diameter)
This kit does not come with the plushie owl! Adafruit have a seperate kit just for that item, see below or use a stuffed toy you have around the house! You'll also need a MicroB USB cable, which you also likely have, or you can pick one up here. Some soldering is required, but its a fun weekend project and a good way to learn about basic electronic assembly. Check out the Tutorial to learn how!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.