This product replaces the Security Sensor Shield Kit. Documentation for the previous version is available here.
This shield allows up to 4 security sensors to be connected to an Arduino with full End-Of-Line (EOL) support to detect tampering with the sensors or cable. End-Of-Line technology allows the system to detect a variety of events using a single cable pair to the sensor, including:
- Sensor triggered.
- Sensor cable cut.
- Sensor cable short-circuited.
- Sensor housing opened (even when system is disarmed)
Supported sensor types include:
- PIR (passive infrared) motion detectors.
- Microwave motion detectors.
- Reed switches.
- Glass break detectors.
- Gas detectors.
- Smoke detectors.
The design is based on the circuit used in the "Security / Automation Sensors" project in the book Practical Arduino, so this shield is a perfect way to build that project very simply and easily without messing around with a prototyping shield and lots of jumper wires. The full operation of the circuit including the EOL functionality is described in the book.
- Supports 4 sensor channels simultaneously.
- Sensor power supply totally isolated from the Arduino.
- Red "Status" LED for each sensor channel to show sensor activity.
- Green "Power" LED to show when the sensor power supply is active.
- Blue "Power" LED to show when the Arduino is supplying power to the shield.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- 100nF bypass/smoothing capacitor on Arduino supply rail.
- Overlay guide where you need it: both top and bottom.
- Gold-plated PCB surface: solders easily and very resistant to finger oil, etc.
- Requires a 5V-compatible Arduino board
- SECSENSE (43)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.