Which way is up?
This tiny 3-axis accelerometer module can operate in either +/-1.5g or +/-6g ranges, giving your project the ability to tell which way is up. Ideal for robotics projects, tilt sensors, vehicle dataloggers, and whatever else you can dream up.
It has independent X, Y, and Z axis outputs ready to connect directly to analog inputs on an Arduino, and we've included an onboard 3.3V regulator so that you can run it from either 5V or 3.3V. It even has a "zero g!" output to detect when the device is in free-fall, so you could connect that to an "interrupt" pin on an Arduino to have your project react immediately if it's dropped!
The module includes mounting holes suitable for M3 or 1/8" bolts, and a flat rear face so you can easily glue it to any surface.
- Tutorial, Getting Started Guide
- AM3X Schematic and Reference (PDF)
- IC datasheet (MMA7361) (PDF)
- Discuss in the Freetronics Forum
- Design files
- AM3X (10)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade