Firewing is based around a powerful Microchip 16 bit microcontroller that can can be clocked at up to 80MHz (40 MIPS) - with 128KB of ROM (program storage) and 8KB of working RAM, you will be able to realise many great projects using the free Firewing compiler or any compatible compiler. An easy to use USB interface is provided, enabling you to both program your board and send and receive serial data to and from your PC. The board can be powered from the USB port or by an external supply, providing both 3.3v and 5v supplies for any connected shields or devices. There are 21 input / output pins, 6 of which can be configured for analog input (ADC) and 4 for Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). Simply plug in some devices and sensors into the sockets or use a dedicated shield to get things going.
The board itself is pin compatible with the Arduino Uno. If you have an Arduino shield that can work at 3.3v, then you can plug it into the Firewing main board! Please note that not all of the pins on the Firewing board are 5v tolerent, so it is not recommended you use a board that will present 5v on any of the Firewing I/O pins.
|Operating Frequency||32 MHz (16 MIPS), configurable up to 80MHz (40MIPS)|
Input / Output
|Total I/O Pins||21|
|Analog Inputs||of which 6 can be configured as analog input|
|PWM||of which 4 can be configured for hardware PWM|
|USB||CDC - Serial USB|
|Power Connector||5.5mm x 2.1mm centre positive|
|Input Voltage||6V to 12V (9V recommended) - see note 1|
|5V||800mA available - see note 2|
|3.3V||300mA available - see note 3|
- Note 1 - Regulator maximum is 20V, but may cause too much heat over 12V
- Note 2 - 500mA maximum when powered from USB
- Note 3 - Taken from 5V current
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.