The hat supports digital audio 5.1 channel output and 2.0 channel analog audio output, supports Dolby digital AC-3, DTS, LPCM and other digital audio format outputs. Use your Raspberry Pi as a multimedia player, lossless audio player or a network radio. We recommend OS images such as Raspbian, Volumio, OSMC, PiMusicBox, etc.
Note: Raspberry Pi is not included in the box.
- Input Voltage
- 6V to 20Vdc converted to 5V, 3A via step-down DC/DC converter to power the Raspberry Pi and SATA device
- Audio & Video
- Allows you to extract audio signals from HDMI of your Raspberry Pi
- Converts HDMI audio to digital optical or Coaxial or stereo RCA analog
- The SPDIF optical or coaxial audio output supports all audio formats up to 5.1CH Dolby Digital 5.1CH / AC3 & DTS 5.1CH audio
- Extracts digital 2CH PCM stereo audio signal from the HDMI input and convert it to 2CH analog stereo output through its RCA style L/R analog output or earphone jack
- Provides the Best Flexibility through Three NEW Audio EDID Settings: Pass, 2CH and 5.1CH
- Maintains surround format when converting to digital optical audio
- Supports high definition input up to [email protected] (24/60) Hz, output resolution follows input
- Supports HDMI signal amplification and equalization output for repeater function
- HDMI output supports all audio formats including more advanced Dolby Digital Plus, PCM5.1CH and beyond
- Allows you to connect SATA devices to your Raspberry Pi
- Built in IR sensor (38KHz)
- Power output socket
- Directly connected on top of the Raspberry Pi using the board GPIO header pins
- Solderless and no wires required
- Extra 40-pin header of the R-Pi in order to support existing expansion boards
- Suitable for Raspberry Pi Model B+, Raspberry pi 2 Model B and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B NEW!
- 85 x 56mm (Same size as Raspberry Pi)
- X600 expansion board x1
- Nylon spacers (M3 x 20mm) x4
- Nylon screws (M3 x 6mm) x8
- USB adapter x1
- HDMI adapter x1
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.