This pocket-sized model measures voltage, current, resistance, and more. The meter runs off of an included 9-volt battery; two test leads and solder are also included. Note that this is an updated model (the previous version was model M-1007K).
This kit requires soldering, but the main integrated circuit is pre-mounted on the printed circuit board. The assembly is therefore quite straightforward, requiring just a soldering iron, diagonal cutters, and a screwdriver. The instructions explain theory of operation and include troubleshooting tips.
Note: The Elenco multimeter is a kit; assembly is required. This kit requires soldering.
- 3 1/2 digit LCD, with polarity
- Transistor test
- Diode test
- Overload protection
- Test leads, manual, and 9-volt battery included
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ
- DC voltage: 200 mV, 2000 mV, 20 V, 200 V, 1000 V
- ±0.5% of reading ± 2 digits accuracy
- 0.1 mV resolution in the 200 mV range
- AC voltage: 200 V, 600 V
- ±2% of reading ± 10 digits accuracy
- 100 mV resolution in the 200 V range
- DC current : 200 µA, 2000 µA, 20 mA, 200 mA, 10 A
- ±1.8% of reading ± 2 digits accuracy in the 200 µA range
- 0.1 µA resolution in the 200 µA range
- Resistance: 200 Ω, 2000 Ω, 20 kΩ, 200 kΩ, 2 MΩ
- ±1% of reading ± 10 digits accuracy in the 200 Ω range
- 0.1 Ω resolution in the 200 Ω range
- 5" (H) x 2.8" (W) x 0.9" (D) (12.6×7×2.4 cm) assembled dimensions
- See the M-1008K multimeter kit manual (33MB pdf) for more specifications and details.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to use a Digital Multimeter
A digital multimeter (DMM) is one of the most common tools on a Maker's bench. We use DMMs to take electrical measurements in a fast and relatively accurate way. The reason we call it a multimeter is because they can take multiple types measurements ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.