This kit is a low-cost implementation of the common introductory robot that backs up and turns when it hears a sound or hits an obstacle. The kit is quite basic, but because the instructions do not provide soldering instructions, Pololu recommend this kit for someone who has completed at least one previous soldering project.
The kit consists of a painted plywood base, a printed circuit board, one motor and gearbox, and a battery holder. The robot runs off of two AA batteries.
If you want to learn how to solder, see the Learn to Solder Kit.
Note: The Elenco sound reversing car is a kit; assembly is required. This kit requires soldering. Two AA batteries are required but not included.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.