It's a wheel spoke mountable safety light for your bike that doesn't need batteries. Ever. It also has smart on/off function. Light turns on when you start moving and turns of about 5 seconds after you stop moving.
- (1) Neodymium magnet 2x
- Dimensions: Diameter from 10 to 12mm, thickness from 4 to 10mm.
- (2) Spoke mount left - 3d printed part
- (3) Coil housing 2x - 3d printed part
- (4) Spoke mount right - 3d printed part
- (5) Universal magnet mount upper - 3d printed part
- (6) M3 X 35 screw and a nut
- (7) Universal magnet mount lower - 3d printed part
- (8) Magnet housing screw - 3d printed part
- (9) Locking nut - 3d printed part
- (10) Adjustment screw - 3d printed part
- (11) 5 mm white LED
- (12) 1000µF, 16V capacitor.
- (13) 1 k Ohm, 1/4W resistor
- (14) Diode bridge
- How to make one:
- http://www.instructables.com/id/AC-to-DC-converterdiode-bridge/ (you can use 4001, 4148... diodes).
- (15) 24V relay coil (Coil resistance should be aprox. 650 Ohms)
- (16) Main housing - 3d printed part
Visit the instructable; http://www.instructables.com/id/Bike-wheel-induction-safety-light/