Posted by loboat
"My purpose to design a mini USB vacuum cleaner was the consequence of the mess I was confronted to, after making stuff for hours with plastic, wood, and electronic parts on my desk".
"I needed a small and efficient device to clean the mess, so I decided to design and make my own".
"This mini vacuum cleaner is very helpfull ! I can now easily clean my laptop keyboard, my desk, and all the small fragile items I collect".
You will need the following parts and tools for this project:
- super glue
- a screwdriver
- 6x Pozidriv screws (I found them into an old CD driver)
- a scalpel / cutter
- flat pliers
- cutting pliers
- heatshrink (4 mm diameter)
- a soldering iron
- a calliper
- 1x DC motor RE-140 (I chose this motor because it is very common, and you can find it easily in old toys. If you decide to use a different kind of motor, do not forget to change the SolidWorks files)
- an old USB Apple cable (from IPhone 5 or more recent)
- a switch (6*12 mm)
- a LEGO technique fixation
- a flexible pipe (I used an old flexible pipe from a LEGO kit)
- a tea bag (for the filter)
- a 3D printer / a 3D printing service
See the all steps instructable at; http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-Print-a-Mini-USB-Vacuum-Cleaner/