A little bundle to get you started! This project pack contains:
- 2.5 meters (over 8 ft) of high-brightness, long-life EL wire in Blue. 2.5 meters is the maximum amount for the pocket driver - it is cut and soldered so it's ready to go!
- Pocket EL inverter runs on 2 AA Alkaline or rechargeable batteries (not included)
- 2 inches of heat shink, both 1/8" and 1/4" for protecting the EL wire after soldering if you end up wanting to change the wire up
- 2 inches of copper tape, used when soldering EL wire
- 2 inches of foam tape, Adafruit use this to pad the inside of the inverter to quiet it down
Adafruit used this to make Adafruit's awesome TRON bag
Soldering to EL wire is a little tricky but luckily Adafruit wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial! You'll need wire strippers, a soldering iron & solder, copper tape and heat shrink. A third-hand tool is really useful as well.
Please note! EL tape, EL wire and EL panel are made with different processes - the color and brightness will not be consistent between the different types of EL products. The EL tape will not match the EL wire or EL panel exactly, they all will be slightly different colors.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.