Unlock more of Edison’s capabilities, such as using IR messaging between robots, sumo wrestling and robotics builds with the EdPack2 which includes 2 Edison robots and 2 EdComm programming cables.
The Edison robot is a powerful, engaging tool for teaching kids STEM, computational thinking and computer programming in a hands-on way.
With more built-in sensors than any robot in its class as well as lights, sounds and autonomous behaviour capabilities, Edison makes true robotics education accessible to students of all ages.
Not just a remote-controlled robot, Edison can:
- Respond to light and sound
- Follow lines and avoid obstacles
- Communicate with other Edison robots
- Connect to other Edison robots and LEGO bricks
- EdScratch - Scratch Based CodingResponds to light and sound
- Follows lines and avoid obstacles
- Communicates with other Edison robots
- Connects to other Edison robots and LEGO bricks
- Has a differential system for maximum rigidity
- Remote control
- Precise movement
- Long battery life
- Obstacle detection
- Infrared sensors
- Light sensors
- Sound sensors
- Three control buttons
- Piezo Sounder
- And so much more!
Who is Edison for?
Edison Robot is for students of all ages. You can learn computer programming just like other robotics systems which can cost much, much more. Edison is a great resource for teachers as classroom sets are now very affordable for schools – it’s now possible to have one robot per student. Edison is the perfect teaching and learning robot for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities!
- Make robot programming fun, easy to learn, and powerful with multiple programming languages. From drag-and-drop block-based coding through to text-based coding with Python, Edison can be programmed using any of Edison's educational robot programming languages.
- Using the six pre-programmed robot activities set by barcodes, children as young as four are able to learn the basics of computational thinking and computer programming. With Getting Started guides and resources for every level, everyone can be a programmer with Edison!
- Spark your students’ imaginations! Edison robots are modular and easily expandable using LEGO bricks or their own EdCreate creator’s kit. Enrich your students STEM education experience and promote creative problem solving through interactive engineering and programming projects.
- Integrating Edison into your classroom is easy with their free teaching resources designed to help educators unlock robotics and coding. All of Edison's resources, including lesson plans, teacher’s guides and student worksheet sets are free to download and licensed under Creative Commons.
- Ready to use out of the box, the Edison robot is a powerful, engaging tool for teaching students computational thinking and computer programming in a hands-on way. Edison robots are designed to withstand the classroom environment, making them the perfect tool for all your STEAM projects.
EdScratch is a vertical block-based visual programming language based on Scratch. EdScratch combines the ease of drag-and-drop programming with powerful functionality and versatility. The result is a robot programming language that is easy to learn and offers a robust platform for computer science education.
The online EdScratch programming environment is designed to deliver meaningful computer science education through an easy-to-use interface. EdScratch’s intuitive layout and the simplicity of block-based coding makes EdScratch an ideal programming language for students aged 10 and up. Helpful features, like the built-in bug box, make the transition to using more complex programming structures approachable even with no prior coding experience. As students gain confidence in coding, they can do even more by controlling inputs, manipulating data, and creating and utilising variables, making EdScratch a perfect platform to use Edison’s features in engaging, creative ways.
Access EdScratch online FREE
- Lesson Activities - The complete set of 6 units with 240 pages of lessons & activities.
- Teacher's Guide - This guide provides an overview and supporting information for all of the EdScratch units, lessons & activities.
- Warning Message Guide - Helps debug your code. This page includes all the warning messages that can be displayed in the bug box of the EdScratch language app, along with an explanation and how to fix them.
The EdBlock App uses block-based code to make programming your Edison a breeze. The block code programming language uses DRIVE, OUTPUTS, WAIT UNTIL, CONTROL and START EVENTS that easily connect together like a puzzle.
EdBlock is available online, just like the EdWare software there is no installation, no driver software and is completely FREE.
Use EdBlock online FREE
- Activity Worksheets
- Teacher's Guide
- Block Guide
- Curriculum Guide
EdPy - Python Based Coding
EdPy is a highly versatile text-based programming language for the Edison robot. EdPy is based on Python, a popular computer programming language renowned for being easy-to-learn with high readability. Programmers use Python to develop everything from the latest apps to business software. EdPy makes text-based programming fun by letting students see their code come to life in their Edison robot. With EdPy, students are learning the core of a real programming language and are able to take their exploration of robotics and coding to a more advanced level.
EdPy is available online with no installation, no driver software and is completely FREE.
Use EdPy online FREE
Click here to have a look at a guide on using EdPy
2x EdComm cables
2x Edison robots
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.