You're too cool for I2C, and SPI has so many wires, 8-bit parallel... how can that be fashionable!? You are a 1-Wire kinda gal, and you want more 1-Wire breakouts in your life to complement all of your great engineering. Well rock on, because here you go, it's a 1-Wire controller with two open-drain GPIO.
You can put as many of the DS2413's as you want on a single I/O line, each one is uniquely addressable and shares the single I/O pin happily. The two controllable I/O lines (PIOA and PIOB) can be used as inputs or outputs. They are open-drain, so if you want to power an LED or something, you'll need a remote power supply (see Maxim's product page for more details)
Adafruit have a basic Arduino sketch that uses the OneWire library to communicate with this chip. Don't forget to add the 4.7Kohm resistor from I/O to your 1-Wire controller power supply (3.3V - 5V) on the Arduino side of the wires.
DS2413 1-Wire Two GPIO Controller Breakout (4:45)
- Dimensions: 15.78mm / 0.62" x 9.96mm / 0.39" x 2.94mm / 0.11"
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.