The Sensor Film Kit is a great new way to make custom-sized sensors out of force sensitive material. This kit includes one piece of black plastic sensor film (it's thicker and more durable than Velostat but similar in function), two pieces of heavy aluminum foil, and two pieces of clear adhesive polyester film. The sensor film is super durable and changes its electrical resistance when force is applied. It's a lot like Velostat but a bit more responsive. The aluminum foil is for electrodes and the clear adhesive polyester film is given to keep the sensors together. It's a great way to make a FSR of any size for your microcontroller project.
There's more info on the Sensor Film Kit site including easy instructions on how to make a basic sensor. They also have a bunch of examples of what you can do with the kit.
This is the Small Sensor Film Kit so it does not include alligator clips. Adafruit do, however, sell a variety of alligator clips that will work with this product.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.