The Delta Twister is a build-it-yourself lightweight flying machine that's perfect for both amateur flight enthusiasts and amateur makers. The Delta Twister flies either by a wound up rubber band or a small electric motor that propels its dual-plastic wings to flap rapidly through the air.
This kit requires two AAA batteries that aren't included but Adafruit sell them in the Adafruit store. No special tools are needed and there's no English manual so this one is a bit more challenging than the other Gakken kits. The pictures in the Japanese manual are fairly simple to follow, however, and the kit should only take a couple of hours to build. The Japanese Manual (with pictures) is available for download here.
Gakken is a Japanese publishing company founded in 1946. In the 1970s, they began selling educational toys, books, magazines, and electronic kits. Their kits are known for their smart design and relative ease of use and have a large cult following both in Japan and the United States.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.