This is a companion kit for the wildly popular Adventures in Raspberry Pi book by Carrie Ann Philbin. The book's a great beginner guide to the Raspberry Pi and this kit includes the electronic components to do the interactive projects in the second half of the book. No soldering is required! It's plug and play and easy to try out the electronics adventures even if you've never done electronics in your life
This kit includes:
- 1 x Adafruit GPIO Reference Card for Raspberry Pi Model B+ If you are using a Raspberry Pi Model B, you may want to also pick up a model B card
- 1 x Full Sized Breadboard
- 20 x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 3"
- 20 x Premium Female/Male 'Extension' Jumper Wires - 6"
- 1 x Diffused 10mm Red LED (Same LED as in this pack)
- 1 x Diffused 10mm Green LED (Same LED as in this pack)
- 5 x 10K ohm 5% 1/4W Resistors
- 5 x 330 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistors
- 5 x 12mm tactile buttons with switch covers, same as in this Colorful Round Tactile Button Switch Assortment
- 1 x Assembled Standard LCD 16x2 - white on blue
- 1 x 10K Potentiometer
This is just the electonics parts pack, and is designed for people who already have Philbin's book and a Raspberry Pi Model B+! Adafruit don't include a Raspberry Pi Model B+, computer add-on pack, pi case, Raspbian SD card, or the Philbin book in this pack but you can pick all of them up in the Adafruit store. The book was written for the Model B which has been now been updated to the B+. All of these projects will work with BOTH the model B or model B+ and Adafruit have included a diagram on how to use the model B+ since the book primarily focuses on the Model B. If you are still using a Raspberry Pi Model B, you may want to also pick up a model B card
Carrie Anne Philbin is a high school computing teacher who advises the U.K. government on the revised ICT curriculum. She teaches 11 to 15 year olds programming and system administration skills using the Raspberry Pi. Her book coupled with Adafruit's add-on pack is a great way to get any kid started!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.