FirstScope pays tribute to the men and women who brought Adafruit one step closer to understanding the universe around us!
In 1609, world-renowned Italian scientist, Galileo Galilei, introduced an elementary telescope to the growing astronomy community which sparked interest into the mysterious night sky for centuries to come. Four centuries later, Celestron offers the portable FirstScope Telescope. The FirstScope pays tribute to Galileo Galilei and many of history’s most notable astronomers and scientists by displaying their names around the optical tube. Adafruit honor the contributions of these men and women, who brought Adafruit one step closer to understanding the universe around us.
The FirstScope is a wonderful keepsake for anyone interested in astronomy. This quality Dobsonian style telescope features a 76 mm aperture reflector optical tube. FirstScope is an ideal entry level astronomical telescope. It is very easy to observe with, the user simply navigates the night sky by moving the tube in the direction of their desired object, making the viewing experience a snap! The compact design makes it easy enough to take with you on your next outdoor adventure. FirstScope is also stylish enough to be a decorative fixture on your bookshelf or desk.
- High quality Dobsonian style stand with a 76 mm reflector optical tube make FirstScope an ideal entry level astronomical telescope.
- Portable and lighweight table-top design makes it easy to store, transport and setup your FirstScope Telescope
- FirstScope is very easy to observe with, the user simply navigates the night sky by moving the tube in the direction of their desired object.
- Stylish and decorative design makes FirstScope a wonderful keepsake for anyone interested in astronomy.
CELESTRON FirstScope Telescope (3:56)
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 76 mm (2.99 in)
- Focal Length (mm): 300 mm (12 in)
- Focal Ratio: 3.95
- Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 in)
- Magnification 1 : 15 x
- Eyepiece 2 (mm): 4 mm (0.16 in)
- Magnification 2: 75 x
- Weight (oz): 69 oz (1956 g)
- Highest Useful Magnification: 180 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.9
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.83 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.53 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 118 x
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Celestron products, click here!
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.