Note: due to limited stock there is a 1 per order limitation until bulk stock arrives.
The LoPy4 is a compact quadruple network MicroPython enabled development board (LoRa, Sigfox, WiFi, Bluetooth). It’s the perfect enterprise-grade IoT platform for your connected Things. With the latest Espressif ESP32 chipset the LoPy4 offers a perfect combination of power, friendliness, and flexibility. Create and connect your things everywhere. Fast.
The LoPy4 can act as a LoRa nano gateway and a multi-bearer (LoRa, Sigfox, WiFi and BLE) development platform suitable for all LoRa and Sigfox networks around the globe. It is programmable with MicroPython and the Pymakr plugins for fast IoT application development, easy programming in-field and extra resilience with network failover. You can also configure the LoPy4 in raw LoRa mode to send packets directly between LoPy4’s. The best blend of speed to deployment and access to new LPWAN networks rolling out across Europe, USA, Africa and India. The LoPy4 is CE, FCC approved, LoRaWAN and Sigfox certified.
Some handy notes:
- The LoPy4 includes 1 year of Sigfox connectivity.
- Using the LoRa or Sigfox radio without the external antenna can lead to damage of the device and is therefore not recommended.
- Update the firmware before use (Pycom have made a great utility to easily manage firmware updates)
If you are purchasing the LoPy4 and wish to connect via USB to your computer, you will also need to purchase either the Expansion Board, Pysense or Pytrack.
- Powerful CPU, BLE and state of the art WiFi radio
- Can also double up as Nano LoRa gateway
- MicroPython enabled
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected micro controllers
- Espressif ESP32 chipset
- Dual processor + WiFi radio System on chip
- Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- ain processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
Sigfox Operating Frequencies
- RCZ1 – 868MHz (Europe)
- RCZ2 – 902MHz (US, Canada and Mexico)
- RCZ3 – (Japan and Korea)
- RCZ4 – 920-922MHz (ANZ, Latin America and S-E Asia)
- Class 0 device. Maximum Tx power:
- +14dBm (Europe)
- +20dBm (America)
- +20dBm (Australia and New Zealand)
- Node range: Up to 50km
- Sigfox certified
- Semtech LoRa transceiver SX1276
- LoRaWAN stack
- Class A and C devices
LoRa Operating Frequencies
- 868 MHz (Europe) at +14dBm maximum
- 915 MHz (North and South America, Australia and New Zealand) at +20dBm maximum
- 433 MHz (Europe) at +10dBm maximum
- 470 – 510 MHz (China) at +14dBm maximum
LoRa Range Specification
- Node range: Up to 40km
- Nano-gateway: Up to 22km
- Nano-gateway capacity: Up to 100 nodes
- 2 x UART, SPI, 2 x I2C, I2S, micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs
- Timers: 4×16 bit with PWM and input capture
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: Up to 24
Security & Certifications
- SSL/TLS support
- WPA Enterprise security
- FCC – 2AJMTLOPY4R
- CE 0700
- RAM: 4MB
- External flash: 8MB
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
Hash / encryption
- SHA, MD5, DES, AES
- 802.1b/g/n 16mbps
- Low energy and classic
- Running at 32KHz
- Input: 3.3V – 5.5V
- 3v3 output capable of sourcing up to 400mA
- WiFi: 12mA in active mode, 5uA in standby
- LoRa: 15mA in active mode, 1-uA in standby
- Sigfox (Europe): 12mA in Rx mode, 42mA in Tx mode and 0.5uA in standby
- Sigfox (Australia, New Zealand and South America): 12mA in Rx mode, 120 mA in Tx mode and 0.5uA in standby
- 55mm x 20mm x 3.5mm (Without Headers)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Build Internet-Connected Electronics Projects
What do we mean when we talk about the "Internet of Things"? Mostly we're talking about tiny computers that have access to the internet and do some useful work. Unlike the computers we're used to holding in our hands, they don't have a touchscreen an...
- MicroPython Primer for Makers - What is MicroPython?
This Tutorial is all about the MicroPython Programming Language. We will discuss what MicroPython is, why you will want to use it in your projects and we will share some resources to help you learn further! What is MicroPython? MicroPython is an ...
- The Things Network, IFTTT, and BEYOND!
Connecting your Pycom Lopy4 or another LoRaWAN device to The Things Network is the first step toward fully realized IoT fun! You’ve connected your device to TTN, you’ve decoded your payloads and now you can see all that data right there i...
- Encoding and Decoding Payloads on The Things Network
Sending data to the cloud is great! You’ve followed our Getting Started on The Things Network Tutorial and you have data streaming out of your Pycom Lopy4 and into your TTN account. There is just one problem, it’s all bytes! How do we get...
- Getting Started on The Things Network
Since you’ve got your new Pioneers Platform for Pycom assembled, with a Lopy4, Expansion Board, and Lora Antenna, let's start sending data to the cloud! The Things Network is a great free service that collects data transmitted over LoRaWAN. The...
- IoT with LoRaWAN, Pycom, The Things Network & Node-RED
In our two previous Pycom articles we covered Building a LoRaWAN Nano Gateway to The Things Network, and creating Your First LoRaWAN Node on The Things Network. In these articles we used the mighty powerful Pycom LoPy (part of the Pycom range) to bui...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.