Retro enthusiasts, hold onto your hats because we've got the best retro gaming case ever made for Raspberry Pi! Say hello to the NESPi by Retroflag. The NESPi is a case for the Raspberry Pi and is the ultimate gaming companion for the current Pi 3. It's is the perfect gift for any vintage gaming enthusiast thanks to the USB, Ethernet and power ports, along with POWER and RESET hardware switches.
It has been meticulously designed to invoke the nostalgic joy of retro gaming systems, but with all the modern features you'd expect. Plug in your wired USB controllers using the two exposed USB ports, and add another two, as well as Ethernet, via the hinged port cover on the top. Simply mount your Raspberry Pi board (Model B or B+, not included) inside, connect up the internal cables, and you've got a retro gaming station that looks the part.
To create a RetroPie setup, at a minimum, you'll need a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, a Power Supply, a controller, and a RetroPie micro SD card. If you're looking for a kit that bundles the NESPi with everything you need, then check out our Ultimate Retro Game Console Kit.
Connectivity and Cooling
Connecting your Pi up inside the case is easy. Just plug the Ethernet, USB and GPIO pins in, and you're ready to go. There's also room to mount a 30mm fan inside for additional cooling plus plenty of room for mounting a heatsink. If you'd like to learn more about cooling your Pi and whether you need a heatsink or a fan, take a look at our tutorial for Cooling your Raspberry Pi.
Features and Specs
- 4x USB ports (2 open and 2 behind the front panel)
- Ethernet port
- HDMI, 3.5mm, and micro USB (power) access
- Power and Reset buttons with GPIO connector
- 30mm fan mount with top panel air vents
- Spare micro SD card storage
- Comes with all adapter boards, screwdriver, and instruction manual
If you'd like more information about getting started with RetroPie, controllers, or general setup, check out our dedicated RetroPie tutorials.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Build Your Ultimate RetroPie Gaming Console
Amid all the new controllers that 8Bitdo have brought out and the mountain of Raspberry Pi cases and accessories that are available, we’ve bundled everything together to create the ultimate RetroPie gaming console. If you’ve been around R...
- Setting up Your Retroflag NESPi Case with a Heatsink and Cooling Fan
By now, you’ve probably seen the fancy new Raspberry Pi cases we’ve got available; the NESPi case by Retroflag. Designed and styled specifically for retro gaming systems such as RetroPie, it offers everything you need to turn your Pi boar...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.