Cappy is the de facto leader of the group. He is always coming up with crazy schemes. A running joke is that his capacitance value changes depending on his mood. Cappy speaks in a West County English accent (a traditional 'pirate' accent). His catchphrase is "smooth sailing."
About Electrolytic Caps:
The underlying concept of electrolytic capacitors was discovered in 1886 by Charles Pollk, who received a patent in 1897 for a borax-based electrolytic capacitor. They work by using an electrolyte to form an oxide layer on a metal plate. A sheet of paper is soaked in electrolyte, then placed on top of the oxide layer, before another metal foil is placed on top of the paper. The electrolyte and metal foil form the cathode, while the foil with the oxide layer constitutes the anode. Because this oxide layer is very thin, the capacitance of the device can be much higher than those of a standard rolled or stacked capacitor.
Cappy the Capacitor Circuit Playground Plushie (6:55)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.