This is an interesting kind of battery holder, usually you'll see ones that are designed for holding like AAA's or something. This battery holder is designed to clip into and hold camcorder batteries. Specifically, the common SONY NP-Fxx series of batteries and compatibles, made with cylindrical LiIon cells and 7.4v nominal output. By clipping a battery in, you can use this holder to plug into any device with a 2.1mm DC jack that wants about 7VDC. Great for robots, Arduino projects, portabilizing gadgets, etc.
Comes with just the plastic holder and cable assembly. No battery is included! Adafruit tried it with an NP-F750 compatible and it worked nicely, should also work with F960 / F770 / F750 / F550, and any other similar make with the same snap-in casing. Snap your batteries in and out as necessary, and use the charger that comes with your batteries for topping up
It has four 4mm diameter mounting holes so you can install this easily to your project. It has a pre-attached 215mm long right-angle barrel plug, and comes with four mounting screws. Battery not included.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.