This kit was designed to accompany Rob Faludi’s Building Wireless Sensor Networks book, which is the comprehensive guide to ZigBee wireless networks. This kit includes many of the parts and pieces you will need to work through the examples in the book. If you’re serious about learning everything you need to know about XBee networks, this kit and the book will get you up to speed in no time (or as long as it takes you to get through the book).
Note: The kit includes everything listed below and in the pictures. It includes many, but not all of the components needed. You may need an Arduino and some other components. This kit is not meant to be all-inclusive as you may already have some of the parts necessary.
Note: This kit currently includes a TMP36, but the manual references a LM335. Check this page for updated instructions.
Note: This product is a collaboration with Rob Faludi. A portion of each sales goes back to him for product support and continued development.
Note: If you are using these outside of the United States, please check with your local laws regarding radio communication.
- 1x - AA battery holder
- 2x - 10uf 25v capacitor
- 2x - 1.0uf 50v capacitor
- 1x - mini-USB cable (6ft)
- 1x - Piezo Speaker
- 1x - 9V wall adapter
- 1x - photocell
- 2x - clear breadboard
- 1x - 9V to barrel jack adapter
- 2x - XBee 2mW - series 2
- 1x - barrel jack
- 2x - straight male header (40-pin)
- 4x - 2mm 10-pin XBee socket
- 1x - LED assortment
- 1x - TMP36
- 1x - 5V black on green LCD (16x2)
- 2x - XBee breakout board
- 25x - 10K ohm resistors
- 25x - 100K ohm resistor
- 1x - 10K trimpot
- 25x - 20K ohm resistor
- 25x - 200K ohm resistor
- 1x - XBee Explorer USB
- 1x - 33mm push button
- 1x - NPN transistor
- 1x - 3.3V voltage regulator
- 1x - jumper wire kit
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.