An optimized collection of parts and pieces to experiment with Raspberry Pi at home, school or work. Great for students and those that want to get their feet wet, no soldering required! THIS PACK DOES NOT INCLUDE A RASPBERRY PI 1 MODEL B and is NOT compatible with Model B+ or Raspberry Pi 2
Adafruit recommend upgrading to a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B or Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ if you do not have a Raspberry Pi yet, but Adafruit keep this pack around for people who still have a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B!
- Adafruit Pi Case - Keeps your Pi snug and safe, and is compatible with the GPIO cable and cobbler! Durable and chic, snaps together in seconds.
- 3' long USB Micro-B Cable - Use this to power the Pi from a computer or the 5V 1A adapter
- 5V 1A power adapter - this ain't no regular USB power plug! Adafruit had these custom made specifically for use with embedded Linux machines like the Pi. It provides clean 1A minimum with 5.25V to overcome the 0.25V drop of the USB cable
- SD Card 4GB size - 2GB is a little too small, Adafruit think. This card works perfectly with Adafruit's reader below and is ideal for loading in Adafruit's educational Pi distro - The current NOOBS (1.3.3 and later) is too large for 4GB, so if you want to use Raspbian, just load that in directly (see Adafruit's tutorial for how)
- Adafruit Pi Cobbler kit with GPIO cable - fully assembled and tested! No soldering required-- makes connecting to the GPIO/I2C/SPI/Power pins easy as pie
- Half-size solderless breadboard - Space to plug in the Cobbler and some other electronic parts
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 3" (75mm) - These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. They come on a ribbon, simply pull off individual wires as you need.
This pack is a great way to start and will let you burn Adafruit's Adafruit hacking distro to the SD card, connect your Pi to the 'net and check out Adafruit's many Pi tutorials to whet your appetite This pack has only the basics to get you started. That allows Adafruit to keep the price low while giving you the choice of what accessories to add in. Once you have the pack, check out Adafruit's free online tutorials for Raspberry Pi!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.