This is a simple breakout for the Roving Networks Bluetooth module. All pertinent pins are broken out and labeled. This new version’s headers are unpopulated. Check below for appropriate headers.
The module from Roving Networks is powerful, small, and very easy to use. This Bluetooth module is designed to replace serial cables. The Bluetooth stack is completely encapsulated. The end user just sees serial characters being transmitted back and forth. Press the ‘A’ character from a terminal program on your computer and an ‘A’ will be pushed out the TX pin of the Bluetooth module.
Do not attach this device directly to a serial port. You will need an RS232 to TTL converter circuit if you need to attach this device to a computer.
- Fully qualified Bluetooth module
- FCC Certified
- Fully configurable UART
- UART Data rates up to 3Mbps
- Over air data rate of 721kbps to 2.0Mbps
- Low power sleep mode
- Compatible with all Bluetooth products that support SPP (almost all do)
- Includes support for BCSP, DUN, LAN, GAP SDP, RFCOMM, and L2CAP protocols
- 3.3V operation
- Status pin
- Bluetooth Technology v2.0 compatible
- Class 1 power output
- Eagle Files
- RN-41 Datasheet
- RN-41 AT Command Set v6.15
- PIC Example
- Tutorial (interfacing a 3.3V device to a 5V micro)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.