BlinkyTape is a very special LED strip, taking the smarts of NeoPixels and combining it with an Arduino-compatible for an all-in-one ready to go design. You don’t have to source your own microcontroller, power supply or connectors. Simply plug in a standard USB battery pack or wall charger, and you’re good to blink.
BlinkyTape has 60 independently controllable full-color RGB LEDs, all wrapped up in a weather-resistant silicone case. All this is powered by a integrated light processor (e.g. Atmega32u4 microcontroller) which has a standard micro-USB connector. This means you can connect it to a battery or power supply to run on its own, or it can talk to a computer for interactive installations.
When you first plug in your BlinkyTape, you’ll be greeted by a colorful rainbow pattern. But the fun doesn’t stop there: the BlinkyTape comes with a full set of companion software to make it easy for you to make the patterns and effects you want. You can graphically draw pattens and animations the LED strip using PatternPaint (http://blinkinlabs.com/software/patternpaint/). If dynamic lighting is more your style, check out Adafruit's Processing library (http://blinkinlabs.com/blinkytape/docs/processing/) -- it has a range of examples that allow you to create an LED light soundtrack to your favorite tunes, a backlight for your monitor, and more!
To power the BlinkyTape, we suggest one of Adafruit's USB battery packs or a Mintyboost Kit. The current draw is about 300mA for average pattern usage.
BlinkyTape by Blinkinlabs (1:43)
- 60 independently controllable RGB LEDs (WS2812B)
- Atmega 32u4 processor, compatible with Arduino
- Animation storage space: 22K, enough for 300 frames (compressed)
- Housed in waterproof silicon tubing (IP67)
- 1 m (39.3”) long, 12.5mm (0.5") wide, 4mm (0.16") thick, LEDs spaced 33mm (1.3") apart
- USB powered, 5V @ 300mA for a sample pattern (current draw varies with program)
- Open source hardware and software.
For product support for all BlinkinLabs products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.