This is the Empire State Blinky Building, a simple PTH soldering kit designed by Alicia Gibb that you will be able to use as a great beginners soldering project or as an example on creating open source hardware derivatives. With this kit you and the vast community of hackers will be able to use something to experiment on and modify to your liking. This Blinky Building kit epitomizes the OSHW movement as a whole. Take this board, which is currently in the design of New York’s Empire State Building, and change it to any other building or structure!
This kit is used in conjunction with Chapter 6: Making a Derivative of the book Building Open Source Hardware, also written by Alicia Gibb, to help provide step-by-step instruction on how to effectively explain how the open source community functions and operates. You are welcome to create a derivative of this kit as long as it abides by the Open Source Hardware Definition. Building this Blinky Building is only a small part of what you’ll learn from it, with this kit and the corresponding book you will be surprised how much you’ll learn about taking this board and totally making it your own.
- 1x Blinky Buildings: Empire State PCB
- 1x ATtiny85 IC
- 1x Switch
- 1x Battery Holder
- 1x 3V Coin Cell Battery
- 5x 680 Ohm Resistor
- 20x White LED
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.