The WTV020SD is a small, simple IC for embedding audio-playback into your next project. These devices are commonly used in children’s toys and “talking” retail displays. This breakout board allows you to access the functionality of the WTV020SD to give a voice to your next project.
The breakout board includes a battery connector and a micro-SD card slot. Simply load your audio files onto a micro-SD card and plug it in, power up the module and trigger the playback. Playback can be triggered in either key or serial mode:
The key-mode provides a stand alone operation where a host micro is not required. With only 3 push buttons, a 3V battery and a speaker, an extremely compact and low component count MP3-Player like system can be implemented.
The serial-mode provides a simple, 2-wire interface to any micro-controller via its DATA and CLK lines. Audio operations such as PLAY, PAUSE, STOP and VOLUME control functions are all available to the host micro via simple serial commands.
The audio compression used in this module is a little strange (4-bit ADPCM @ 6-32kHz) so you’ll need to download the utility in the documents below in order to convert your .WAV files into the 4-bit ADPCM format required.
- Low-cost module for all embedded Audio-Sound applications.
- Supports 4-bit ADPCM (.ad4) file formats with sampling rates from 6Khz to 36Khz.
- Two operation modes:
- Serial Mode: Supports a 2-Wire (Data, Clock) interface to any micro-controller.
- Key Mode: Supports a simple stand alone operation without a host micro.
- Differential 2 line PWM output for direct speaker connection (8 Ohm/0.5W).
- Dedicated 16-bit DAC/PWM audio output to use with an external amplifier.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for storing of audio, voice and music files (up to 512 files).
- Supports 64Mb to 2Gig micro-SD memory cards (FAT format).
- Low Power Idle current of 8.0uA
- RoHS Compliant
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.