In secure embedded systems, you often need to authenticate messages or connected devices but many microcontrollers aren’t set up for the necessary cryptography. That’s where the Atmel ATSHA204 comes in.
The Atmel ATSHA204 is an optimized authentication chip that includes a 4.5Kb EEPROM. This array can be used for storage of keys, miscellaneous read/write, read-only, password or secret data, and consumption tracking. Access to the various sections of memory can be restricted in a variety of ways and then the configuration locked to prevent changes.
Each ATSHA204 ships with a guaranteed unique 72-bit serial number. Using the cryptographic protocols supported by the chip, a host system or remote server can prove that the serial number is both authentic and not a copy. The ATSHA204 can generate high-quality random numbers and employ them for any purpose, including usage as part of the crypto protocols of this chip.
This breakout board allows you to use the small SOT-23 package in your prototypes!
- Supply Voltage: 2.0-5.5V
- Integrated capability for both host and client operations
- Superior SHA-256 hash algorithm, HMAC option
- Best-in-class, 256-bit key length; storage for up to 16 keys
- Guaranteed unique 72-bit serial number
- Internal, high-quality Random Number Generator (RNG)
- 4.5-Kbit EEPROM for keys and data
- 512 OTP (One Time Programmable) bits for fixed information
- Sleep Current: <150nA
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.