What's the difference between Pi and Arduino?
We all know Raspberry Pi is a mini-computer running on Linux operating system; while Arduino is a microcontroller running on simple I/Os. Both of them focuses on very different areas. Compared with Arduino, the Pi gets much better computing performance.
So What happens when a Pi meets an Arduino?
A simple example would be, when building a mobile robot, we use the Raspberry Pi to extend its vision and get a nice tiny monitor. Meanwhile, Arduino handle nicely with the motor driving part and delivers fast responses like obstacle avoidance. Because, without the OS, the response time of rapid changes on the Arduino is much shorter. Also the high performance Pi can deals much easily with wireless communications, imaging and running complex algorithm.
Therefore, with the Arduino and Pi together, you get a powerful "brain" and "cerebellum" for your project, at one time.
- Integrate with the Xbee socket
- Easy connection with Arduino and Raspberry Pi directly
- Compatible with BLE Link(BT4.0)/Bluetooth Bee(BT2.1) and Xbee modules
- Embeded DS1307 RTC module, which keeps time of the Pi even when the power is off, or when battery removed
- Bidirectional logic converter for Raspberry Pi GPIO to convert signal between 3.3v and 5v
- 3 pin headers sensor port for Arduino pins and Pi GPIO, directly compatible with hundreds of Arduino sensors and modules
- Arduino shield compatible layout makes it possible to extend Arduino shield features for your Pi
- Onboard Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Arduino Leonardo Chip
- Arduino Compatible pin mapping
- Compatible with All arduino standard shield and sensors
- System Voltage: 5v
- Extended 8 Raspberry Pi GPIO with Stardard 3pin sensor pin headers
- Extended Raspberry Pi SPI & I2C and UART port
- Dimension: 88mm x 56mm x 17mm
- Relay Module V3.1 for IOT AC control
- Analog pH Meter Kit for monitoring Water quality of your pool
- SHT1x Humidity and Temperature Sensor
- Motion Sensor for security and human detection
- A nice and low cost LCD12864 display
- 2A Motor Shield for robot building
- Dual Bipolar Stepper Motor Shield
- GSM/GPRS and GPS Shield
- Raspberry Pi Meets Arduino Shield x1
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.