Our Beginners Workshop for Arduino will introduce you to the wonderful world of Arduino, along with how to use electronics for practical projects. You'll walk away with the basics of coding, building circuits and the ability to prototype / experiment new ideas. You'll need your own laptop with the latest version of Arduino software downloaded. Having a charged laptop will make our life a lot easier (less wires!) and bring a notebook if you like to jot things down.
You'll be using our own Arduino Kits; you are welcome to purchase your own Arduino Kit on the day. In the Arduino Workshop we cover off on:
- An overview of the Arduino ecosystem (both hardware and software)
- Crash course in electronics
- The structure of a C sketch for use on Arduino
- How to setup and initialise hardware
- How to interface with inputs
- How to control outputs
- How to use variables / logic decision and other useful coding tips
- How to use onboard peripherals
- How to build electronic circuits and prototype with hardware
- An overview of Arduino Shields
- Where to from here and how get support
This is a hands-on workshop! You'll be following us step-by-step and we'll help with any hurdles along the way. This is a very well-considered workshop and you can benefit from the focused learning environment we've set out to create.
The important stuff:
- There are no hidden costs - this is a FREE full-fledged Arduino workshop, enjoy!
- Ages 10-infinity
- 2-2.5 hour workshop
- BYO Laptop (fully charged) with latest Arduino software pre downloaded
- Parents can drop off and pick up - no need to hang around
- Located at Core Electronics. Use Google Maps to find us, or dial in this address "Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade, Adamstown, 2289"
- Questions / queries; get in touch with us.
Weekend workshops have a fee to cover the direct costs of weekend labour rates. We often go into more depth on weekend courses as we have the time to dive into other topics (hence a bit more time is allocated for those days).
If you are bringing a friend then change the QTY field from "1" to "2". Seats are limited to ensure your experiences are wonderful.
NOTE - Commencing May 2017, each seat will cost $10. On the day of the workshop, you will receive a $15 store credit for each seat (yep, we'll give you more than you gave us). The booking fee is non-refundable and the store credit is only available if you attend. Our goal is to keep these workshops as close to "free" as possible, but avoid no-shows (especially given all the effort we put into them!)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...