Welcome to CurieBot, your own mobile, customizable, and adorable, 32-bit, Bluetooth-enabled driving robot!
Based upon Adafruit's popular three-layer round robot platform, CurieBot brings some special sauce to the table -- delicious Arduino 101 sauce, that is! This powerful board comes in a familiar Arduino form factor, so you can use many of your favorite shields, such as the included Adafruit MotorShield v2. It's an excellent introduction to Adafruit's wide world of robotics!
CurieBot is designed to introduce you to the joys of making with electronics. Adafruit decided to come up with a fun pack of parts that:
- Could introduce a beginner to making
- Teach soldering, electronics and programming skills
- Does not assume any prior experience
- Comes with enough fun parts that could be combined and adapted for months or years!
Instead of the typical processor, this one is packing an Intel Curie 32-bit chip, which enables some very powerful on-board processing. The Arduino 101 also has a 6-axis accelerometer/gyro, and that's not all -- it's got Bluetooth LE built directly onto the board, which enables direct control of CurieBot right from your Bluetooth-capable phone or tablet! It's quite similar to Adafruit's AdaBox002 robot, but with an Arduino driving it instead of a Feather.
Build and control your robot right away, and then begin exploring all of the possibilities for modifications and expansion with this powerful new platform.
- Black, Three-layer Round Robot Chassis Kit
- Arduino 101 with Intel Curie
- Adafruit Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield v2
- USB Cable - Standard A-B - 3 ft/1m
- 4 x AA Batteries
- 4 x AA Battery Holder w/ On/Off Switch
- 9V Battery
- 9V Battery Holder w/ On/Off Switch
- Shield stacking headers for Arduino
- Little Rubber Bumper - pack of 4
- 1 x Rectangular piece of foam tape
- 6-pin Extra Long Male Header
- 4 x Nylon 2.5mm pan screws - For mounting your Arduino 101 to the top deck of the robot
- 9 x Nylon hex nuts - Also for Arduino 101 fastening
- Mini Solderless Breadboard - 4x4 points - add it to the prototyping area to upgrade your robot with more sensors, lights, servos and beyond!
Some soldering required! Use any iOS or Android phone with Adafruit's free Bluefruit Connect app to control your robot friend after it's been built.
Check out Adafruit's tutorial for getting your CurieBot up and running!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.