Heard about Arduino compatibles but not sure how to start? The Adafruit Metro is a ATmega328 based development board that Adafruit use a lot for Adafruit's own products. Since it is shaped the same, and code/shield-compatible with the Arduino UNO R3 design, Adafruit's Adafruit Metro is easy to use and hacker friendly and this is the perfect beginner kit for learning how to use the Adafruit Metro!
If you want this pack with an official Arduino UNO, check out the Starter Pack for Arduino!
This bundle is designed to get you started quickly and easily on your path of learning electronics. Once you've received your starter pack you can follow the introductory tutorials here on my site, designed for everyone, even people with little or no electronics and programming experience. The starter pack has everything you need (except tools) for most of the lessons. Just sub in the Adafruit Metro for the Arduino UNO R3 and you'll be all set!
- Adafruit Metro 328 w/ Headers - The Adafruit Metro - assembled and ready to go, including 4 rubber feet
- MicroUSB Cable - Perfect for connecting your Metro to a computer
- Protoshield Kit - Get hacking with the best prototyping shield out there!
- Tiny Breadboard - Fits on top of the protoshield, easy to use
- 9V DC regulated wall adapter - You can power your Metro from any wall socket. This switching regulator is efficient and small and works with US (110V) and European (220V) power.
- 9V Battery case with switch and a 2.1mm plug- so you can power your Metro using a 9V battery. This case is much sturdier than just a battery clip and it has an on/off switch too! Note that this comes unassembled
- Tutorial starter pack parts - Includes a 10K potentiometer, 1K potentiometer, 2 small pushbuttons, 5 red diffused bright LEDs, one each of red, green and blue ultra-bright LED, 5 100 ohm resistors, 5 1K resistors, 5 10K resistors, and a CdS photocell sensor.
- Also includes 65 flexible breadboard wires in 8 colors, perfect for use with the solderless breadboard.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.