Fans of the BMP085/BMP180 will want to take a look at the new BMP183 - an SPI spin on the old familiar classic. This precision sensor from Bosch is the best low-cost sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure and temperature. Because pressure changes with altitude you can also use it as an altimeter!
The BMP183 is the next-generation of sensors from Bosch, and is the fraternal twin of the BMP180 - with a low altitude noise of 0.25m and the same fast conversion time. It has the same specifications, but uses SPI instead of I2C. This is great for users where there is an I2C address collision, they want more than one sensor on a single microcontroller, more flexibility on pin usage, or just prefer the simplicity of SPI.
The sensor is soldered onto a PCB and comes with a 3.3V regulator (so you can use it with 3-5V power), SPI level shifter (so you can use it with 3-5V logic).
Using the sensor is easy. Check out Adafruit's detailed tutorial for files, wiring diagrams, code, and more!
- 18mm x 18mm x 2mm / 0.7" x 0.7" x 0.08"
- Weight: 1g
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.