This is a 4GB microSDHC card (SDC44GB) that comes with a SD adapter and is pre-programmed to contain the latest Raspbian Jessie Lite - released in November of 2015. The cool thing about this version is that it works with your Pi Zero (as well as all Raspberry Pi's)!
Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware. An operating system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your Raspberry Pi run. However, Raspbian provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 35,000 packages, pre-compiled software bundled in a nice format for easy installation on your Raspberry Pi. You can read more about Raspbian here. These microSDHC cards use the new speed “class" rating of Class 4 that guarantee a minimum Data transfer rate of 4MB/sec. Adafruit may ship a Sandisk or Kingston card, both are high quality and come with the same speed class rating.
Adafruit tests and verifies each card before shipment. This image can be downloaded directly from the Raspberry Pi Website Downloads Page.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.