Our 3D Printing & Modelling Workshop will take you through the steps of 3D Printing so you can make your own "things" be it gifts, practical objects or just for fun! You'll be using 3D Printers from one of Earth's most innovative open source and trusted brands; Lulzbot. We'll introduce you to different filament materials along with when/why/how to use them. You'll also pick up some tips and tricks that will slingshot you to better prints and make maintaining your printer easier.
We'll walk you through Fusion360 and how to model practical objects that are designed for 3D printing.
Three important and mandatory requirements (if you rock up without having read/done these, you'll have to swing by another day):
- You'll need to bring your own laptop (fully charged)
- Register a Fusion360 student account. It's free. Follow the prompts to download and setup the software. It's a firm requirement that you have done this before attending the course. If you run into any issues, we'll help you through them via our forum (expect a reply within minutes on business days).
- Download and install the latest version of Cura downloaded (free).
Other handy intel about this workshop:
- Ages 16-infinity
- 2-3 hour workshop
- Parents can drop off and pick up - no need to hang around
- Located at Core Electronics. Use Google Maps to find us, or dial in this address: Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade, Adamstown, 2289
- Questions / queries; get in touch with us.
The FREE workshops are not a cutdown workshop; we're here during the week and are more than happy to skill-up locals. Weekend workshops have a fee to cover the direct costs of weekend labour rates.
If you are bringing a friend then change the QTY field from "1" to "2". Seats are limited, please only opt-in if you are genuinely able to commit to the sessions.