The 4DPi-35 is a 3.5 Inch Primary Display for the Raspberry Pi*, which plugs directly on top and displays the primary output like what is normally sent to the HDMI or Composite output. It features an integrated Resistive Touch panel, enabling the 4DPi-35 to function with the Raspberry Pi without the need for a mouse.
Communication between the 4DPi-35 and the Raspberry Pi is interfaced with a high speed 48Mhz SPI connection, which utilises an on-board processor for direct command interpretation and SPI communication compression, and features a customised DMA enabled kernel. This combination allows this display to output 25FPS when displaying a typical image/video, and can achieve higher depending if the image can be compressed.
The 4DPi-35 is designed to work with the Raspbian Operating System running on the Raspberry Pi, as that is the official Raspberry Pi operating system.
The 4DPi-35 features a breakout header (P2), which enables all of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins to be accessed while the 4DPi-35 is connected. These can be access with jumper wires or with an IDC ribbon cable.
Note: Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, and all references to the words Raspberry Pi or the use of its logo/marks are strictly in reference to the Raspberry Pi product, and how this product is compatible with but is not associated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation in any way.
• Universal 3.5 Inch Primary Display for the Raspberry Pi.
• Compatible with Raspberry Pi A, B and B+.
• 480x320 QVGA Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colors, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
• Display full GUI output / primary output, just like a monitor connected to the Raspberry Pi.
• High Speed 48MHz SPI connection to the Raspberry Pi, featuring SPI compression technology.
• Typical frame rate of 17 Frames per second (FPS), higher if image can be compressed further by the kernel. Lower if no compression is possible.
• Powered directly off the Raspberry Pi, no external power supply is required.
• On/Off or PWM controlled backlight, selectable by on board jumper.
• Module dimensions: 56.6 x 97.6 x 20.8mm (including corner plates). Weighing ~ 50g.
• Display Viewing Area: 49 x 73.4mm
• 4x corner plates with 2.6mm holes for mechanical mounting.
• RoHS and CE Compliant.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.