This force sensor is an ultra-thin, flexible printed circuit. The standard A201 force sensor is constructed of two layers of substrate (polyester) film. The high-temp model (HT201) is constructed of two layers of polyimide.
On each layer, a conductive material (silver) is applied, followed by a layer of pressure-sensitive ink.
Adhesive is then used to laminate the two layers of substrate together to form the force sensor.
The active sensing area is defined by the silver circle on top of the pressure-sensitive ink. Silver extends from the sensing area to the connectors at the other end of the sensor, forming the conductive leads.
A201 sensors are terminated with male square pins, allowing them to be easily incorporated into a circuit. The two outer pins of the connector are active and the center pin is inactive.
- better linearity
- measurement of higher loads
- stable output with respect to load area
- Physical Properties:
- Thickness: 0.008 in. (.203 mm)
- Length: 7.75 in. (197 mm)
- 6 in. (152 mm)
- 4 in. (102 mm)
- 2 in. (51mm)
- Width: 0.55 in. (14 mm)
- Sensing Area: 0.375 in. diameter (9.53 mm)
- Connector: 3-pin male square pin
- Linearity Error: <±3%
- Repeatability: <±2.5% of full scale
- Hysteresis: <4.5% of full scale
- Drift: <5% per logarithmic time scale
- Response Time: <5 microseconds
- Operating Temperatures: -40°F - 140°F(-40°C - 60°C)
- Force Ranges: 0-1 lb (4.4 N), 0-25 lb (110 N),0-100 lb (440 N)
- Temperature Sensitivity: Output variance up to 0.2% per degree F
For any technical support or suggestion, please kindly go to ourforum.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.