This is an inverter for EL wire and tape, similar to Adafruit's pocket inverters, except it is a brick that takes 12V input instead of 2 AA batteries. This means its good for 'fixed' installations since you can just plug it into a 12V wall adapter. It's also good for portable projects where you want to have a big battery pack like a 8xAA holder which will last 4-5 times longer than just 2xAA's. It is also more powerful, and can drive twice as much EL as the 2xAA inverter! Another nice thing about this inverter is it's a potted brick, so its quieter than the 'open' inverters with a switch.
It's got twice the power of the 2xAA pocket inverter, you can drive up to 6 meters combined of Adafruit's high brightness EL wire (20 feet), or 12 meters (40 feet) of plain EL, or up to 100 square centimeters combined of panel/tape - so either a 10x10cm square or 1 meter of 1 cm wide tape.
- Size: 46mm x 28mm x 22 mm (1.8in x 1.1in x 0.9in)
- Weight: 52g ( 1.8oz )
- Attached cables are 27cm (11in) in length
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.