Sugru! Soft-touch silicone rubber that molds and sets permanently. Sticks to aluminum, steel, ceramics, glass, wood and some fabrics + plastics! sugru is the incredible new air-curing rubber for hackers, makers, gadget lovers & anyone else who wants to make things or make their stuff work better. Self-adhesive to most other materials, and flexible when cured, sugru is a versatile tool for hackers and makers - Repair and strengthen damaged cables and housing, mount components where you want them, strengthen attachments and protect against vibration, and a hundred other uses Adafruit are sure youʼll find for it. This is great for prototyping. Please read all of the following before purchasing...
Multi-colour 8 x 5g minipacks inside a lovely big pouch for $17.95. You get two red, two yellow, two blue and one black and one white packets. You can smoosh the colors together to make new colors! Sugru does have a 'use by' date - Adafruit guarantee thatyou will have at least 6 months (and often its 9 or 12 months) to use your Sugru!
Top 10 uses of sugru for hackers and makers:
- Repair and strengthen damaged cables
- Mount components semi-permanently e.g. webcam / microphones / wires / switches
- Replace missing feet on speakers, laptops etc
- Mount components, and add feet to PCBs
- Repair casing / housing on computers and earphones
- Insulate wires
- Strengthen attachments, protect against vibration
- Enclose prototype electronics, make them waterproof
- Add feet under harddrives to allow air to circulate underneath
- Make awesome custom housing on USB flash drives
Properties, self adhesive sugru bonds to:
- Some fabrics
- Some plastics
- Form by hand - no tools needed
- Colors can be mixed
- Cures at room temperature to a tough flexible silicone overnight
- Waterproof and dishwasher proof when cured
- "Loves" a bit of heat or cold, sugru is resistant from -60 degrees C to 180 degrees C
- UV resistant
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Blue Sugru
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Yellow Sugru
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Red Sugru
- One 5 gram mini-pack of Black Sugru
- One 5 gram mini-packs of White Sugru
sugru MSDS and TDS.
From the maker: IMPORTANT: Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of dust + grease. After use, wash hands thoroughly with warm soapy water and a rag. May leave a mark on surfaces or stain fabrics. Cures 3mm deep in 24 hours, deeper pieces may take longer. Use at 21 degree C if possible. Cold will slow down cure time. Do not use sugru to hang heavy objects. Keep out of the reach of children. If necessary, sugru can be removed by cutting off when cured. Do not sand. Recommendations and suggestions are for guidance only as conditions of use are beyond sugru's control. Store in a cool dry place below 21 degrees C. See individual sachets for best "before date".
sugru contains Methyltris (methylethylkeotxime) silane; Gamma-Aminoopropyl Triethoxysilane. May produce an allergic reaction. Persons known to be allergic to either of the above substances should avoid skin contact with uncured product. Sugru reccomends the use of gloves for those with sensitive skin. In case of contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of water and seek medical advice. If swallowed, seek medical advice and show the pack. For further advice use the contact form at FormFormForm limited @ www.sugru.com
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (no pickups sorry!):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.