Here's a handy Arduino shield: Adafruit have had a lot of people looking for a dedicated and well-designed data logging shield. Adafruit worked hard to engineer an inexpensive but well-rounded design. Not only is it easy to assemble and customize, it also comes with great documentation and libraries.
New! Adafruit now are carrying an 'assembled' version of this shield, with all the components pre-soldered. NOTE: You will only need to solder on either plain 0.1" headers (included) or stacking headers (not include) to attach to your 'duino.
You can get going quickly - saving data to files on any FAT16 or FAT32 formatted SD card, to be read by any plotting, spreadsheet or analysis program. Adafruit even have a tutorial on how to use two free software programs to plot your data
The included Real Time Clock timestamps all your data with the current time, so that you know precisely what happened when!
Please note that this item does not come with an Arduino (you'll need one to use with the shield), or an SD card. It does come with the RTC battery, however. The sheild now comes with all the components soldered on and tested but does not have headers installed. You'll need some basic soldering skills to put it together, but even if you don't have much experience you can get it done in under 15 minutes.
- SD card interface works with FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards. 3.3v level shifter circuitry prevents damage to your SD card
- Real time clock (RTC) keeps the time going even when the Arduino is unplugged. The battery backup lasts for years
- Included libraries and example code for both SD and RTC mean you can get going quickly
- Prototyping area for soldering connectors, circuitry or sensors.
- Onboard 3.3v regulator is both a reliable reference voltage and also reliably runs SD cards that require a lot of power to run
- Works with Arduino UNO, Duemilanove, Diecimila, Leonardo or ADK/Mega R3 or higher. ADK/Mega R2 or lower are not supported.
For more information, including libraries, schematics and examples see the data logger shield webpage . Right now the documentation still refers to the kit version, we'll be updating it shortly to reflect the new assembled shield version.
- Dimensions (assembled): 70mm x 53mm x 17mm (2.7in x 2in x 0.65in)
- SD Card protrudes by 10mm (0.4in) when inserted
- Weight: 22g/0.8oz
Documentation and Resources:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (no pickups sorry!):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.